Overfishing: A Global Issue.



Throughout the years, the number of scientific studies and conservation blogs being posted has skyrocketed. Everyone has something to add to the pie or everyone is trying to do their part in raising awareness for issues they deem important and this s me trying to do my part. Don't worry, I don't intend for it to be just 'another' blog; I want to bring you facts on one of the major environmental crisis occurring in the world today, overfishing.

I am a first year student with a penchant for the environment and one of the many issues that caught my interest is overfishing and its effects on ecosystems. the reason why I find it so interesting is because no one really stops to think what goes on below the ocean's surface, or to think about what lives there. As the saying goes, "out of sight, out of mind" and that is indeed what happens.

This blog aims to take a deep look into this environmental issue and analyse it in a multifaceted approach. The history, the environmental and social effects, what can be done to minimize the effects of the issue and cases that occur around the world are what I intend to use not only to bring your attention to the issue but to persuade you to also do your part in raising awareness about this issue.

If you are interested in learning more about the issue, click here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Causes Overfishing?

Overfishing: The beginning of the ‘aquapalypse’?